Monday, May 08, 2006

Loose Screws - Jaws the final chapter


This is belated. I got the 16 mm screw taken out of my upper gum/bone, and the hook/wire out of my lower gum on May 2. I ate pizza. I ate salad. On Friday I ate a cheeseburger. The pizza was okay...not quite as exciting as I thought it could be. The cheeseburger was amazing. I smoked shisha, the middle-eastern flavored tobacco. It was the first time since October.


The cheeseburger was more exciting, the shisha was just additional celebrational fare. Saturday I ate a hardshell chicken taco. It was awesome. To have something that crunches between your teeth after almost 5 months time of no real crunch, well, it's nothing short of glorious.

There is a reason why there is a variety of texture in the world -for us to ENJOY. I fully intend to enjoy every crunch I am able in the next few weeks. The jaws are slowly getting used to the work-out required for green beans and salad, as well as other vegetables. Those make me want to stop eating. After all, if it's difficult, you lose your appetite.

Now it is just a matter of time to have the chrome removed. That will be amazing. I anxiously await the day that happens and plan to paint the town red. I'll get dressed up, go downtown, and flirt my way through the night with many a flashing smile.

No comments: