Thursday, April 06, 2006

Conquer-The-World Heels



Sometimes you need to clean house. Sometimes you need to clean house a big way. I was in Pennsylvania for a week, and it kicked my house-cleaning into high gear.

To get anything done, you need to be able to say it out loud. You need to be able to articulate a thing. It took me until this trip to be able to articulate the things I really wanted.

It started with articulated goals. Just ask yourself, what do you want in 3 years? 5? 10?

Well, I finally answered that series of questions. When you really focus on the things you want, jobs, friends, hobbies, spouse, etc. it often causes you to change the direction that you were going. I for example, figured out that I will probably surround myself with a lot of suits. Suits mean dressing up and entertaining. They also mean a spouse that can handle the situation. Needless to say, I bought a copy of Pink Magazine.

That was just the beginning. I bought heels. Not just any kind of heels, but conquer-the-world heels. When I first showed my dad the shoes, he thought they were "f***-me pumps." Well, the shoes I got are not coated in vinyl or rubber. They're leather. On some women, heels are always f***-me pumps. It has to do with how a woman carrys herself. Other women, heels are always conquer-the-world heels. It's not really about the shoes, it's about ambition, intelligence, and passion. It's the difference between a bar-fly and a board director. I'll be the latter. When I bought those shoes it wasn't about choosing a shoe, it was about actively choosing a life-style.

Whenever you choose a new path you have to clean house. You change the way you frame yourself and your world. You change the places you eat and the clothing you wear. You change the way you speak. You get rid of flings and instead pursue serious interests. You bring closure to incompletes which allows you to open new doors that never before existed. This path is only a continuation of a choice I made mid-high school when I gave up my slacker friends for the top 10% of the class. At first it was painful, but slowly it gave way to liberation and to things that I really wanted. Here's to new beginnings. I'll sip my syrah and kick-back in my conquer-the -world heels.

No comments: