Thursday, April 20, 2006

God sometimes you just don't come through...


"Do you need a woman to look after you?...oh God sometimes you just don't come through." That's a portion of the chorus from Tori Amos' song God. That song expresses some of the hopelessness that alot of young people feel who have grown up in the faith. To address some of those issues, I've started a spirituality group for 20 somethings that meets on Thursdays at 8pm in Mojo's Coffee. As a group, we hope to address questions and struggles around God and spirituality in general.

It's a brand-spanking-new thing, so we're not sure exactly how it will take shape. That all depends on the group present. After all, it is for the people present, and so will be taylored for them and by them (similar to the name of a certain clothing line - hinthintnudgenudge - for us by ___). I'm only playing the role of a facilitator, monitoring discussion, and so I'm not asking the questions.

My vision is that it becomes it's own animal, and really takes on a life of it's own. I think it will. Time and love are the two most important factors. We'll see.

Who knows what life brings? Who knows how the spirit will move? Yet, I know it does. I can see it as the marble is cut away to reveal the form inside.

No comments: