Monday, October 20, 2008

HURRAY!

I started at my new job today and I have to say I feel really good. It was nice to have seat time in the manual car (even though the ride wasn't PERFECT to and from work - I may have startled a few people with my accidental antics). It was nice to have introductions to the job which confirmed that yes I can do it and yes it does look like a piece of cake (for me). It was also nice to have introductions to people at the job who seem like we could be friends (always a good sign). And having ample opportunities for advancement doesn't hurt...

Your prayers and positive thoughts have definitely helped! It's so good to know that people are out there wishing us well... and I hope I can return the favor (if not specifically I'll at least send out positive thoughts into the world and general prayers for all those who have been rooting for us).

Now there are just a few more things (like the apartment getting straightened out and Christian getting a job not to mention my acceptance to Fuller... though what should be will be...).

I started A.J. Jacobs' book and have to say even though I've just begun the introduction it already makes me laugh and then immediately switches to an eloquent strand of words the next paragraph. Lovely. I'll keep you abreast as I continue...

Peace and Blessings,

A

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad to hear the job is going well, i hope my bro finds one soon. glad to hear too you are doing well driving a stick. that car is a blast to drive!!!
what's going on with the apartment?
and tell me all agout fuller.
oh did sven ask you to email your cell etc to me? i will be needing to talk w/ you about thanksgiving!
thanks,
crinna

Alexis said...

I sent you a message through facebook...finally. Sorry it took so long!