Monday, October 13, 2008

Inundated: Issues & Thoughts

  1. First and foremost, we got a refrigerator. WOOT WOOT!! So we finally have milk and eggs among other exciting things (like fresh produce) which has definitely added excitement and variety to our diet.
  2. This past week we had an onslaught (comparatively speaking) in our social calendar. So I met a bassist for possible music projects, made a friend through a friend and actually went out on Saturday night. Then of course we had our typical Sunday thing (with church involving bloody metaphors... guest speakers leave much to be desired, but sometimes can't be helped) involving church and lunch afterward.
  3. I'm practicing guitar like I said I would, and somehow I dragged Christian into music too, because the church had a djembe no one played and so now he is practicing drumming. We have a church band practice scheduled Wednesday early evening. WOOT WOOT! The excitement just never ends...
  4. I am applying to Fuller. Oy. I hate application processes, and of course it causes you to unearth loose ends, such as the fact that UCSB charged me tuition for this quarter even though I graduated last June. That means I couldn't order a transcript... needless to say I cleared that up, but it still doesn't help the fact that my diploma is being sent to my parents' old address (which who knows if it will be forwarded or what!).
  5. I still don't have my absentee ballot. Christian got his. Thankfully he was able to vote. Hopefully mine will go to one of the possible addresses and then get forwarded on to me in Phoenix. I know CA will go to my preferred candidate, the issue is more that I just wanted to vote. It's an exciting year. It's an important election. I want to be a part of it, and who wouldn't? It bothers me that so many people aren't allowed to vote... like felons. Why shouldn't they be allowed to vote? The possibility of not being able to this round is upsetting to me, and it makes me wonder why they should receive second-class citizenship. Jesus gave people who had made mistakes the time of day, shouldn't we?
  6. Christian applied for jobs and I had an interview this weekend. I have another one this coming weekend. Cross your fingers that something wonderful will happen.
  7. I'm freaking out about my instruments. It's so dry here the wood/finishes are under pressure. Humidifiers? A bowl of water? What should I do to remedy this situation? I'm going to the guitar shop today to buy something for inside my guitar case, but the harp is just out...
  8. Prayers and well wishes are still encouraged and well received. So far they seem to have made a HUGE difference (the frig is a case in point).
  9. I'm reading Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley. It's an interesting read with all kinds of points of thought and theories about genetics, humanity, science, history etc that I had not previously considered. After that it's A Year of Living Biblically with some Harry Potter mindlessness in between.
  10. The weather has gotten cool enough that a sheet is useful in sleeping. Finally!
I hope everything wherever you are is looking up, despite the crashing global economy and all that comes with it. Remember, tomorrow is another day, and with it comes the possibilities of wonderful change, adventures, and beauty. Thank GOD!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea!!~! you got a frig!
happy to hear it.
sounds like life down there is coming together.
have you settled on a church yet?

hope to see you soon.
corinna